The 7th Panhellenic Congress on the Development of Greek Agriculture took place on Friday November 6 2020, for the first time online, with the participation of more than 1.000 participants.
Smart farming was in the spotlight of the Congress, through the 1st Thematic Session titled “Smart Farming – Smart Advisory: the digital catalyst for a more sustainable and competitive agriculture“.
Fotis Chatzipapadopoulos, NEUROPUBLIC’s President and Head of gaiasense, was one of the invited speakers of the specific session. Mr. Chatzipapadopoulos referred to the concept of smart farming and presented gaiasense and its various dimensions, focusing on the innovative provision of Smart Farming as a Service as well as on the way in which gaiasense contributes to a more sustainable and competitive agriculture.
Among others, Mr. Chatzipapadopoulos announced a new application of gaiasense, which is expected to be available in the next weeks, and will allow its users to have access to a high number of services and functionalities at a low cost.
Smart Farming and its role in a more sustainable food production system, as well as the need for the digitization of agricultural production, was the main topic discussed by the rest invited speakers of the specific panel:
- Jens Elbaek, Director, Department of Crop & Environmental Innovation of SEGES (Denmark)
- Yannis Maniatis, Professor at the University of Piraeus, former Minister of Environment, Energy & Climate Change
- Manos Sdrakas, Director of Νοvaplan agricultural advisory company, and Member of Board of Agrotiki Kainotomia
- Ioannis Haniotakis, Senior Director of the Agricultural Sector Operations Development at Piraeus Bank, and Member of Board of GAIA EPICHEIREIN
- Georgios Georgantas, Deputy Minister of Digital Governance